Babies’ skin is gentle and sensitive, and sensitive skin can get irritable with the use of the wrong diapers. So, if you’re seeing signs of irritation like redness, blotchy skin, red marks like chafing, or your baby gets cranky every time you put on the diaper, then that’s the telltale sign that you’re using the wrong diapers. But how do you tell the right diaper from the wrong one? Because to buy the right one, you have to know what isn’t right first. So here are a few key factors;
- Diapers that are stuffy can cause moisture to be trapped within. Wet stuffy diapers are one of the leading factors for diaper rash.
- Fragrances can also cause sensitivity in some cases. But this is a dependable factor as not all babies suffer from irritation due to the fragrances used in the diapers. Although it might be better to be preventive.
- Rough materials or fabrics can also chafe your baby’s skin and cause irritation. Rough fabrics rub against your baby’s skin each time the baby moves making it uncomfortable for the baby.
What Are The Best Diapers For Babies With Sensitive Skin
Now, one thing to keep in mind is that a baby’s skin is only half as thick as adults, which means it is extremely sensitive. This is why all mommas and daddies should listen to this. There are some premium baby diapers in India that are conveniently available online as well, so you don’t have to run to the convenience store anymore. But there are a few things to keep in mind to find the right diapers. Here’s a list of things a baby’s diaper should have to be well suited for babies with sensitive skin;
- Soft Material – A baby’s diaper should have a soft and wavy material that fits snugly yet comfortably against the baby’s skin and doesn’t chafe it.
- Wetness Indicator – The general cause of wet diapers is because sometimes you don’t know when the diaper is full and at times you forget that it might need a change. Hence, premium diaper brands in India such as Merries use a clever wetness indicator that turns blue when the diaper is full. This easily indicates that the diaper needs to be changed which means your baby doesn’t have a wet diaper sitting against their skin. This also reduces the chances of diaper rashes due to wet diapers.
- Micro-air channels – Some diapers trap all the moisture inside making them stuffy and uncomfortable for the baby since there is no airflow. Hence, you should look for a diaper that supports well-organized micro-air channels that allow the diaper to remain light and dry for long hours.
In modern times, there are too many diaper brands available in the market. So much so that it can get confusing and a little overwhelming just walking into the convenience store and seeing aisles full of just diapers. But just because you have more options, that does not mean that all of them are good for your baby’s sensitive skin. That is why it is advisable to only go for the premium diaper brands or dermatologically tested brands in India. You can easily order Merries diapers online and have the diapers delivered to your doorstep.