Monsoons are here to give us the much-needed respite from the sweltering heat of the summer season. Days of waking up to the soft pitter-patter on your window are much better than waking up feeling sweaty and stuffy. But as much as we love the monsoon, the season also brings tons of diseases and problems for your little ones due to increased humidity and water clogging.
Not to forget one of the leading issues, the diaper rashes caused by the increased humidity in the weather. Diapers are one of the imperative baby care essentials, to the point where you just cannot go without them. A newborn can go upto 12 diaper changes in one day, not to mention diapers are an easy and mess-free alternative. But diapers can also become stuffy and heavy in the monsoon due to humidity, trapping all that moisture inside them and leading to several skin irritations. The top skin problem being diaper rashes. Diaper rashes are painful, uncomfortable and frustrating for your baby and for you to watch them inconvenienced. So here we are with a few neat tricks to help you make the monsoon more pleasant for your little one and of course to avoid that annoying diaper rash;
- Keep the baby bottom dry – One of the leading reasons for diaper rashes is the fact that the diapers trap the moisture and the body heat within, leading to irritation. But, premium diaper brands in India such as Merries diapers have well-organized micro air channels that maintain constant airflow keeping the diaper dry and light. Wetness increases the chances of irritation so if the diaper stays dry, the chances of diaper rashes are lower. If the diaper you use right now doesn’t have micro-air channels, then it is time for you to switch.
- Change at the right time – As we said, wet diapers increase the chances of diaper rashes. But sometimes it is hard to keep a track of when your child needs a diaper change. Parenting is exhausting and sometimes it is harder to remember, causing the wet diaper to stay in direct contact with your baby’s sensitive skin. An easy way to get rid of these issues is to buy diapers with wetness indicators. Merries diapers have a clever wetness indicator that turns blue when the diaper is full. It is an easy way of keeping track of the diaper change and you don’t have to worry about wet diapers causing rashes to your baby anymore.
- Choose soft and gentle to skin – Another big reason for skin irritation and rashes is the diaper fabric or materials. Some diapers can be a little too rough for your baby’s sensitive skin and over time can chafe and irritate your baby’s skin by rubbing against it constantly. An easy way to solve this issue is to opt for a diaper with softer material so it fits snugly yet softly against the skin without chafing it. Some of the premium diaper brands in India such as Merries diapers use soft wavy materials for their diapers that are supple and light on the skin.
- Select dermatologically tested – A sure fire measure that helps you make a choice of your baby’s diapers and be confident about it is a dermatology test. Some diapers such as the Merries diapers are dermatologically tested for diaper rash in India. The diapers undergo comprehensive tests before receiving the approvals from distinguished institutions.
Dermatologically tested safe diapers
Other Quick Monsoon Hacks To Keep Your Baby Protected
Now that you know how to tackle diaper rashes in the monsoon, here are some other tips to keep in mind for your baby overall;
- Dress them in light, full-sleeved fabrics like cotton clothes
- Always boil their water before feeding them
- Spray mosquito repellent in the room 15 minutes before putting them down there
- Always wash your hands and feet before touching them after you’ve come back home from outside
- Don’t let waterlog anywhere in your house, it is the breeding ground for mosquitoes and bacteria.